WORKFORCE EFFORTS – by Tanis Harms, © 2012

WORKFORCE EFFORTS – by Tanis Harms, © 2012
.....use in address bar: churchskits.blogspot.com


STYLE:
Allegory, dramedy. (4 pages)

PREMISE:
Business managers organize and discuss how marketing their company is everyone’s job, but then they expect the janitor to do all the real work.

TOPIC:
All are to serve and witness.

SCRIPTURE:
1 Chron.16:9; Ps.71:14-18; Matt.28:19-20; 2 Tim.2:11-4:5; Heb.13:1-22.

CHARACTERS (LINE COUNT) DESCRIPTION:
(6) MANAGER 1 -
(4) MANAGER 2 -
(4) MANAGER 3 -
(6) MANAGER 4 –
(6) JANITOR –

NOTE:
To make the message more poignant that sometimes we expect a few to do a lot, you can have more managers.

PROPS:
Table, chairs, papers, laptops, notebook, pen, broom.

SCRIPT: business conference room

Managers gather around the table with all their devices, notebooks and pens.

MANAGER 1:
Once again I’d like to extend another warm welcome to my very good friend here. I know you will be an excellent addition to the board of managers! S/he is never short on having a plethora of cutting-edge ideas. And, like we’ve said many times before, we can never have too many good ideas!

MANAGER 2:
Yeah! Let’s get these programs and events rolling! And thank you so much for inviting me to join you. I cannot wait to get started. You name the goal, and I’ll come up with several solutions!

MANAGER 3:
Awesome. You will help round out our selection of experts on this board very nicely. So, now, on our agenda, as it always is our first and main order of business, and this will never change – ever! Because, we can see that numbers have, heh, eked up a little, but then we hit a downturn, so- How can we market ourselves better? How can we bring in the people?

MANAGER 2:
It’s very simple. We need more programs. Analyze what people think they want, and then just do it! The more programs the better. And even when no one comes, just keep doing it. Because then, when we hold events, we can use those as a springboard to other programs. If one program doesn’t stroke someone’s fancy, another program might just do the trick.

MANAGER 4:
Now, as always, we must also consider how we are going to promote these programs and events.

MANAGER 1:
Definitely. And as a network-advertising-and-marketing expert, word-of-mouth is crucial.

MANAGER 2:
And who better to network, advertise and market than the people who are actually running these programs and events.

MANAGER 3:
It does make it more feasible. I like your thinking, enthusiasm, and positive outlook. Let’s get on it and implement this strategy, right away. Who do we have available for this?

(All Managers think.)

MANAGER 4:
Um... Well as always, we have plenty of good ideas but never enough good workers to implement.

MANAGER 3:
But we do have a unified front? Yes?

ALL:
Yes. Absolutely. Of course we do. (etc.)

(As all continue to think, Janitor enters pushing a broom.)

MANAGER 4:
Just the man we need to speak to! Please, sit.

JANITOR:
I really don’t have much time.

MANAGER 4:
We are very familiar with your work ethics, and we are confident in your abilities. And dependability! Please! Sit! Take a load, off.

(Janitor sits at the table, wary of what is coming.)

MANAGER 4:
Now, our new addition to the board of managers has a few program and event ideas for you to implement and promote.

JANITOR:
I really don’t have much time.

MANAGER 2:
Nonsense. I can see that you are only sweeping. These ideas are not just important, but I am sure they will be fun to organize and run.

MANAGER 1:
As far as promoting them, this is something that one can do– as you go. Just– wherever you find yourself, you can tell others. Spread the word.

JANITOR:
I really don’t have much time, because– besides being the janitor, I’m already running several programs and events.

MANAGER 4:
And that is why we are confident that you can just add these few more things onto your plate. What’s that saying, “If you want to get things done, give it to a busy person.” So, what’s a few more things?

JANITOR:
A few more is a lot more. And for some of these, I don’t think I would even be good at them.

MANAGER 1:
We are so confident that you can figure it out. Now, numbers are down again, so I would like to encourage you to step up your networking. Statistics show that word-of-mouth is extremely effective marketing.

JANITOR:
I kind of already do that, actually.

MANAGER 1:
There you go. So, we can count on you filling this place right up with people!

JANITOR:
I’m still just one person, and I do not know all that much about marketing, but I do try my best.

MANAGER 3:
Maybe it would help you to know that the customer is always right. They want what they want. So always aim to please. The world is on your shoulders. Now – get out there and work. And sell-sell-sell!

(Janitor drags himself off stage while All cheer him on, then kick back.)

MANAGER 1:
Well done! It's so difficult finding people who want to do things. I think we all deserve a celebratory dinner out.

(Managers exit while congratulating each other.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEING THANKFUL – by Tanis Harms, © 2026

YOU DO KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU – by Tanis Harms, © 2014

THANKSGIVING TO GOD – by Tanis Harms, © 2012