BE THANKFUL – by Tanis Harms, © 2019

BE THANKFUL – by Tanis Harms, © 2019
.....use in address bar: churchskits.blogspot.com


STYLE:
Speak-theater. (4 pages)

PREMISE:
Statements of thanksgiving, with some humor, build on each Bible verse to bring about a poignant message.

TOPIC:
Thanksgiving.

SCRIPTURE:
2Sam.22:50; 1Chr.16:8,34; Ps.9:1,28:7,30:4,69:30 (NASB).

CHARACTERS (LINE COUNT) DESCRIPTION:
(7) SPEAKER 1 – leader, clear, strong, sincere speaker
(7) SPEAKER 2 - clear, strong, sincere speaker
(8) SPEAKER 3 - clear, strong, sincere speaker
(7) SPEAKER 4 - sincere speaker with great conviction

PROPS:
Bible with notes in it for Speaker 1.


SCRIPT:

(Speakers 1-4 stand in a row, in chronological order. Speaker 1 holds a Bible and acts as a type of leader.)

SPEAKER 1:
Psalm 9, verse 1 says, “I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders.”

SPEAKER 2:
For the Lord created the heavens and earth.

SPEAKER 3:
For the Lord created the land and sea.

SPEAKER 4:
(very sincerely)
For the Lord created food.

(Speakers 1-3 subtly wonder, but sincerely continue on.)

SPEAKER 1:
Psalm 30, verse 4 says, “Sing praise to the Lord, you His godly ones, and give thanks to His holy name.”

SPEAKER 2:
For the Lord provides us with mercy, grace and truth.

SPEAKER 3:
For the Lord provides us with purpose.

SPEAKER 4:
For the Lord provides us shelter, and food.

(Speaker 1 winces slightly, then continues with gusto.)

SPEAKER 1:
Psalm 28, verse 7 says, “The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him.”

SPEAKER 2:
For the Lord protects us.

SPEAKER 3:
For the Lord guides us.

SPEAKER 4:
For the Lord gives us –

(Speaker 4 notices Speaker 1’s stern look.)

SPEAKER 4:
Hey, I am very serious, here! I love food. And I need food. And I eat food every day. And the Lord always makes sure that I have enough.

(Speaker 1 inhales, then nods with some understanding.)

SPEAKER 1:
Psalm 69, verse 30 says, “I will praise the name of God with song and magnify Him with thanksgiving.”

SPEAKER 2:
For the Lord is holy, righteous and sovereign.

SPEAKER 3:
For the Lord is fair, just and all-powerful.

SPEAKER 4:
For the Lord is everywhere, and hears and knows everything. I do not even have to say it out loud, God knows exactly what I’m thinking. God even knows what I’m going to think, before I even think it.

SPEAKER 3:
I think at this point, the rest of us can pretty much guess.

(Speaker 1 clears their throat to continue on.)

SPEAKER 1:
1 Chronicles 16, verse 34 says, “O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting.”

SPEAKER 2:
For the Lord, He is eternal.

SPEAKER 3:
For the Lord, He is faithful.

SPEAKER 4:
(inhaling deeply, then...)
For the Lord, He is very awesome-

(Speakers 1-3 all glance at 4 and wait.)

SPEAKER 4:
(quickly adding)
And you know exactly why.

(Speakers 1-3 all nod.)

SPEAKER 1:
1 Chronicles 16, verse 8 says, “Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples.”

SPEAKER 2:
For the Lord offers us salvation, eternal life with Him, and joy.

SPEAKER 3:
For the Lord offers us peace, hope and love.

(Speakers 1-3 brace themselves.)

SPEAKER 4:
For the Lord offers food–SPIRITUAL food! Nourishment for our souls, and enrichment for our lives found in His word, the Holy Bible.

SPEAKER 1:
2 Samuel 22, verse 50 says, “Therefore I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the nations, and I will sing praises to Your name.”

SPEAKER 2:
Thank You, Lord.

SPEAKER 3:
Thank You, Lord.

SPEAKER 4:
And thank You, Lord, very, very much, amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEING THANKFUL – by Tanis Harms, © 2026

YOU DO KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU – by Tanis Harms, © 2014

AGING GRACEFULLY – by Tanis Harms, © 2013