THANKSGIVING TO GOD – by Tanis Harms, © 2012

THANKSGIVING TO GOD – by Tanis Harms, © 2012
.....use in address bar: churchskits.blogspot.com


STYLE:
Speak-theater, recital. (8 pages)

PREMISE:
Themed segments of scripture readings can be chosen for different emphases on giving thanks.

TOPIC:
Thanksgiving.

SCRIPTURE:
Leviticus 22:29; 2 Samuel 22:50; 1 Chronicles 16:8; 29:13; Psalms 86:12; Isaiah 12:4; Revelation 7:12.

CHARACTERS:
READER/S – 5 or more who are clear, strong speakers.

PROPS:
Scrolls for every Reader (which can have script in it).

NOTES:
- Bible verses are NASB. A few verses are shortened but are still in context.
- Not meant to do all of the segments. Only choose which segments and portions you wish to use.
- Read with varying degrees of strength, leaving pauses after each set, some pauses should be longer than others.
– You can have creative slides projected on a screen with the correlating scripture references.
- Each segment has a title.
---Reader 1 gives a reason to be thankful with conviction.
---Readers 2-3 give a sincere “call” to be thankful.
---Readers 4-5 give thanks with joyful energy.


SEGMENT 1: THANKING GOD FOR WHO HE IS.

READER 1:
---------------(Psalm 106:1)
Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting.

READER 2: -----(Psalm 136:3)
Give thanks to the Lord of lords
READER 3:
For His lovingkindness is everlasting!

READER 2: -----(Psalm 136:2)
Give thanks to the God of gods
READER 3:
For His lovingkindness is everlasting!

READER 2: -----(Psalm 136:26)
Give thanks to the God of heaven
READER 3:
For His lovingkindness is everlasting!

READER 4: -----(Psalm 86:12)
I will give thanks to You, O Lord my God
READER 5:
With all my heart, I will glorify Your name forever!


SEGMENT 2: THANKING GOD FOR HIS PLAN OF SALVATION.

READER 1: -----(Isaiah 25:1)
O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; for You have worked wonders, plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness. I will give thanks to You!
---------------(2 Thessalonians 2:13)
We give thanks to God for you, brethren, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

READER 2: -----(1 Chronicles 16:8)
Give thanks to the LORD, call upon His name-
READER 3:
Make known His deeds among the peoples!

READER 2: -----(Isaiah 12:4)
And in that day you will say, “Give thanks to the LORD, call on His name.
READER 3:
Make known His deeds among the peoples; make them remember that His name is exalted.”

READER 4: -----(Psalm 118:21)
I shall give thanks to You,
READER 5:
for You have answered me, and You have become my salvation.

READER 4: -----(1 Chronicles 29:13)
Therefore, our God
READER 5:
We thank You, and praise Your glorious name.



SEGMENT 3: THANKING GOD FOR HIS VICTORY.

READER 1: -----(1 Corinthians 15:56-58)

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
---------------(2 Corinthians 2:14)
Thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place.
---------------(Hebrews 13:15)
Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.

READER 2: -----(Leviticus 2:29)
Sacrifice a sacrifice of thanksgiving to the LORD,
READER 3:
Sacrifice it so that you may be accepted.

READER 4: -----(Psalm 54:6)
Willingly I will sacrifice to You
READER 5:
I will give thanks to Your name, O LORD, for it is good!

READER 4: -----(Psalm 116:17)
To You I shall offer a sacrifice
READER 5:
of thanksgiving, and call upon the name of the LORD.



SEGMENT 4: THANKING GOD FOR HIS FOLLOWERS.

READER 1: -----(Romans 1:8)
I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world.
---------------(2 Corinthians 4:15)
For all things are for your sakes, so that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God.

READER 2: -----(Psalm 138:4)
All the kings of the earth will give thanks to You, O LORD,
READER 3:
When they have heard the words of Your mouth.

READER 4: -----(Psalm 57:9)
I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples;
READER 5:
I will sing praises to You among the nations.



SEGMENT 5: THANKING GOD FOR HIS HEARING OUR PLEAS.

READER 1: -----(Psalm 116:1)
I love the LORD, because He hears My voice and my supplications.

READER 2: -----(Psalm 100:4)
Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise.
READER 3:
Give thanks to Him, bless His name.

READER 2: -----(Psalm 140:13)
Surely the righteous will give thanks to Your name;
READER 3:
The upright will dwell in Your presence.

READER 4: -----(Psalm 111:1)
Praise the LORD! I will give thanks to the LORD
READER 5:
with all my heart, in the company of the upright and in the assembly.

READER 4: -----(Psalm 118:28)
You are my God, and I give thanks to You;
READER 5:
You are my God, I extol You!


SEGMENT 6: THANKING GOD FOR HIS MEETING OUR NEEDS.

READER 1: -----(2 Corinthians 9:10-12)
He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness; you will be enriched in everything for all liberality, which through us is producing thanksgiving to God. For the ministry of this service is not only fully supplying the needs of the saints, but is also overflowing through many thanksgivings to God.
---------------(2 Corinthians 9:15)
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

READER 2: -----(Isaiah 38:19)
It is the living who give thanks to You, as I do today;
READER 3:
A father tells his sons about Your faithfulness.

READER 2: -----(Psalm 45:17)
I will cause Your name to be remembered in all generations;
READER 3:
Therefore the peoples will give You thanks forever and ever.


SEGMENT 7: THANKING GOD FOR HIS ATTRIBUTES.

READER 1: -----(Psalm138:2)
I will give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; for You have magnified Your word according to all Your name.
---------------(Psalm 56:12)
Your vows are binding upon me, O God; I will render thank offerings to You.
---------------(Psalm 7:17)
I will give thanks to the LORD according to His righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

READER 2: -----(Psalm 30:4)
Sing praise to the LORD, you His godly ones,
READER 3:
And give thanks to His holy name.

READER 2: -----(Psalm 147:7)
Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving;
READER 3:
Sing praises to our God on the lyre,

READER 4: -----(Psalm 33:2)
Give thanks to the LORD with the lyre;
READER 5:
Sing praises to Him with a harp of ten strings.

READER 4: -----(Psalm 30:12)
That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent.
READER 5:
O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

READER 4: -----(2 Samual 22:50)
I will give thanks to You, O LORD, among the nations,
READER 5:
I will sing praises to Your name.


SEGMENT 8: THANKING GOD FOR HIS WISDOM AND POWER.

READER 1: -----(Daniel 2:23a)
To You, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, for You have given me wisdom and power...
---------------(1 Timothy 1:12)
I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service,
---------------(Colossians 1:11-12)
strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

READER 2: -----(Psalm 95:2)
Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving,
READER 3:
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.

READER 2: -----(Psalm 92:1)
It is good to give thanks to the LORD
READER 3:
And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;

READER 4: -----(Psalm 79:13)
So we Your people and the sheep of Your pasture
READER 5:
Will give thanks to You forever; to all generations we will tell of Your praise.

READER 4: -----(Psalm 69:30)
I will praise the name of God with song
READER 5:
And magnify Him with thanksgiving.


SEGMENT 9: THANKING GOD FOR HIS PROTECTION.

READER 1: -----(Psalm 30:1)
I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up, and have not let my enemies rejoice over me.
---------------(1Timothy 2:1-3)
I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity...
---------------(Psalm 28:7)
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him.

READER 2: -----(Psalm 97:12)
Be glad in the LORD, you righteous ones,
READER 3:
And give thanks to His holy name.

READER 2: -----(Ephesians 5:19-20)
Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;
READER 3:
always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father

READER 4: -----(Psalm 44:8)
In God we have boasted all day long,
READER 5:
And we will give thanks to Your name forever. Selah.

READER 4: -----(Psalm 119:7b-a)
When I learn Your righteous judgments
READER 5:
I shall give thanks to You with uprightness of heart.


SEGMENT 10: THANKING GOD FOR HIS PEACE AND LOVE.

READER 1: -----(Philippians 4:6)
The Lord is near! Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
---------------(Colossians 3:14-17)
Put on love, the perfect bond of unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

READER 2: ----(Colossians 4:2)
Devote yourselves to prayer,
READER 3:
keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving;

READER 2: -----(1Thessalonians 5:18,b-a)
For this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
READER 3:
In everything give thanks!

READER 4: ----(Psalm 75:1,b-a)
For Your name is near; men declare Your wondrous works.
READER 5:
We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks!

READER 4: -----(Revelation 7:12,b-a)
Honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. 
READER 5:
Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving! Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEING THANKFUL – by Tanis Harms, © 2026

YOU DO KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU – by Tanis Harms, © 2014

AGING GRACEFULLY – by Tanis Harms, © 2013