ALL ARE SENT – by Tanis Harms, © 2013
ALL ARE SENT – by Tanis Harms, © 2013
.....use in address bar: churchskits.blogspot.com
STYLE:
Recital-like. (1 to 9 pages)
PREMISE:
Christians step forward from a crowd to indicate their personal calling according to the Great Commission.
TOPIC:
Witnessing.
SCRIPTURE:
Mt.5:16, 28:18-20, Mk.16:15, Lk.24:48, Jhn.13:35, 15:8, 20:21, Acts 1:8, 4:20, 10:42, 22:15, Rom.1:6, 10:15, 12:1, 2Cor.4:5-6, Gal.6:9, Phl.2:3-4, 2:15, 1Tim.6:18, 2Tim.1:7-8, 2:1-3, 3:15-16, 4:2, 1Pet.3:15 (NASB).
CHARACTERS:
( 1) CHRISTIAN/S - 1 to 24+ (do all or just a few settings)
( 0) PEOPLE – 1+ for each setting (only with first method)
(24) NARRATOR – clear, strong speaker
NOTES:
- Use some or all settings, or create others.
- There are two methods to present this. I will write out the one method. The second method is simple. Christians can enter, speak, then exit. Or enter, speak, and form a line. Or start in a line, speak, then exit.
PROPS:
One microphone, and appropriate clothing and prop/s needed to go with each chosen setting/s.
SCRIPT:
(All actors are on stage creating a giant tableau of various little groups, frozen in social interactions. Each group has a Christian who is sharing or interacting with People/unbelievers. As Narrator reads scripture, Christian from that setting steps forward to speak, followed by that group’s People/unbelievers. Then they exit as a group.)
INTRODUCTION:
.....use in address bar: churchskits.blogspot.com
STYLE:
Recital-like. (1 to 9 pages)
PREMISE:
Christians step forward from a crowd to indicate their personal calling according to the Great Commission.
TOPIC:
Witnessing.
SCRIPTURE:
Mt.5:16, 28:18-20, Mk.16:15, Lk.24:48, Jhn.13:35, 15:8, 20:21, Acts 1:8, 4:20, 10:42, 22:15, Rom.1:6, 10:15, 12:1, 2Cor.4:5-6, Gal.6:9, Phl.2:3-4, 2:15, 1Tim.6:18, 2Tim.1:7-8, 2:1-3, 3:15-16, 4:2, 1Pet.3:15 (NASB).
CHARACTERS:
( 1) CHRISTIAN/S - 1 to 24+ (do all or just a few settings)
( 0) PEOPLE – 1+ for each setting (only with first method)
(24) NARRATOR – clear, strong speaker
NOTES:
- Use some or all settings, or create others.
- There are two methods to present this. I will write out the one method. The second method is simple. Christians can enter, speak, then exit. Or enter, speak, and form a line. Or start in a line, speak, then exit.
PROPS:
One microphone, and appropriate clothing and prop/s needed to go with each chosen setting/s.
SCRIPT:
(All actors are on stage creating a giant tableau of various little groups, frozen in social interactions. Each group has a Christian who is sharing or interacting with People/unbelievers. As Narrator reads scripture, Christian from that setting steps forward to speak, followed by that group’s People/unbelievers. Then they exit as a group.)
INTRODUCTION:
NARRATOR:
Jesus said in Matthew 28:18-20, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
SETTING 1:
(Christian 1 has been speaking to People wearing clothing from a very different culture in a remote area of the world. Christian 1 steps forward, with People following.)
CHRISTIAN 1:
I have been sent as a missionary to a remote corner of the world, to bring the gospel to a people who have never heard the word of God.
NARRATOR:
As Jesus says in Mark 16:15, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”
SETTING 2:
(Christian 2 has been playing basketball with some youth.)
CHRISTIAN 2:
I have been sent to organize games at a local outreach program for youth in underserviced communities.
NARRATOR:
Romans 12:1 says, “Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.”
SETTING 3:
(Christian 3 has been reading the Bible to some kids.)
CHRISTIAN 3:
I have been sent to teach Sunday School in our church.
NARRATOR:
2 Timothy 3:15-16 says, “...from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and beneficial for teaching, for rebuke, for correction, for training in righteousness”
SETTING 4:
(Christian 4 has been visiting with person in wheelchair.)
CHRISTIAN 4:
I have been sent to visit people in hospitals and nursing homes.
NARRATOR:
For John 13:35 says, “By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
SETTING 5:
(Christian 5 has been with a few men holding shovels.)
CHRISTIAN 5:
I have been sent to towns around the world to help dig wells for fresh water supplies.
NARRATOR:
As Acts 22:15 says, “For you will be a witness for Him to all men of what you have seen and heard.”
SETTING 6:
(Christian 6 has been cuddling a “baby.”)
CHRISTIAN 6:
Besides serving in my church, I have been sent as a mother to raise my children in God’s will.
NARRATOR:
2 Timothy 4:2 tells us to “Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.”
SETTING 7:
(Christian 7 has been helping a convicted felon to study.)
CHRISTIAN 7:
I have been sent to help educate convicted felons so they can find hope and success after they have been released from prison.
NARRATOR:
As 2 Timothy 1:7-8 says, “For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord or of me His prisoner, but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God”
SETTING 8:
(Christian 8 is dressed as a police officer and has been taking down a report from a disheveled upset woman.)
CHRISTIAN 8:
I have been sent as a police officer to help enforce the law and protect the citizens of our country.
NARRATOR:
1 Peter 3:15 tells us to, “-sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence...”
SETTING 9:
(Christian 9 has been holding a briefcase while shaking hands with another business person.)
CHRISTIAN 9:
I have been sent into the workforce to manage a department and treat all employees and clients with dignity and professionalism.
NARRATOR:
As it says in 1 Timothy 6:18, “Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share.”
SETTING 10:
(Christian 10 has been holding a wrench while handing a set of car keys to a customer.)
CHRISTIAN 10:
I have been sent as a mechanic to help and serve customers, with excellence and integrity.
NARRATOR:
2 Corinthians 4:5-6 says, “For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants on account of Jesus. For God, who said, “Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.”
SETTING 11:
(Christian 11 has been consulting with a patient.)
CHRISTIAN 11:
I have been sent as a doctor to see to the health and caring for the wellbeing of every patient.
NARRATOR:
2 Timothy 4:5 tells us to, “-be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.”
SETTING 12:
(Christian 12 has been hanging out with some students.)
CHRISTIAN 12:
For now, I have been sent as a student.
NARRATOR:
As Philippians 2:15 explains, “so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world”
SETTING 13:
(Christian 13 has been praying with someone.)
CHRISTIAN 13:
I have been sent as a church pastor.
NARRATOR:
As Acts 10:42 says, “And He ordered us to preach to the people, and to testify solemnly that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead.”
SETTING 14:
(Christian 14 has been taking someone’s order at a café.)
CHRISTIAN 14:
I have been sent as a waiter/waitress to serve with joy.
NARRATOR:
Philippians 2:3-4 tells us to, “Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility consider one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.”
SETTING 15:
(Christian 15 has been mopping a floor while waving to someone.)
CHRISTIAN 15:
I have been sent as a janitor, so in everything, I do my job as unto the Lord.
NARRATOR:
For as Galatians 6:9 tells us, “Let’s not become discouraged in doing good, for in due time we will reap, if we do not become weary.”
SETTING 16:
(Christian 16 has been standing at attention with others.)
CHRISTIAN 16:
I have been sent as a soldier to a battlefield, surrounded by many who desperately need hope, protection and safety.
NARRATOR:
As 2 Timothy 2:1-3 says, “You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful people who will be able to teach others also. Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.”
SETTING 17:
(Christian 17 has been painting someone’s portrait.)
CHRISTIAN 17:
I have been sent as an artist, to create images reflecting the love of Jesus.
NARRATOR:
John 15:8 tells us that, “My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.”
SETTING 18:
(Christian 18 has been with luggage and briefcase.)
CHRISTIAN 18:
I have been sent around the world as a representative for an international company. As opportunities present themselves, I love to share my personal faith with others.
NARRATOR:
As Romans 1:16 says, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.”
SETTING 19:
(Christian 19 has been getting ready to run a race.)
CHRISTIAN 19:
I have been sent as an athlete to run against competitors. But more than competitors, I see them as people who are lost and need to hear the salvation message.
NARRATOR:
As Romans 10:15 says, “But how are they to preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written: ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!’”
SETTING 20:
(Christian 20 has been in deep conversation with someone.)
CHRISTIAN 20:
I have been sent as counselor, so I am able to help and reach out to many people who are struggling with addictions, dysfunctional situations and tragic events.
NARRATOR:
As Jesus says in John 20:21, “...Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.”
SETTING 21:
(Christian 21 has been handing a room “key” to a customer.)
CHRISTIAN 21:
I have been sent as a clerk in a large hotel chain. I do not have to go anywhere to reach the nations, the nations come to me.
NARRATOR:
As Jesus says in Acts 1:8, “you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
SETTING 22:
(Christian 22 has been brushing someone’s hair.)
CHRISTIAN 22:
I have been sent as a hair stylist. I don’t know, maybe it’s how I treat people, but somehow they notice and ask what is so different about me.
NARRATOR:
As Jesus says in Luke 24:48, “You are witnesses of these things.”
SETTING 23:
(Christian 23 has been taking a photo of someone else.)
CHRISTIAN 23:
I have been sent as a very talkative person. Even when I’m on holidays, I just can’t help but share with anyone who will listen!
NARRATOR:
As Acts 4:20 explains, “For we cannot stop speaking about what we have seen and heard.”
SETTING 24:
(Christian 24 has been having coffee with someone.)
CHRISTIAN 24:
I have been sent to be somebody’s neighbor.
NARRATOR:
Matthew 5:16 tells us to, “Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
Jesus said in Matthew 28:18-20, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
SETTING 1:
(Christian 1 has been speaking to People wearing clothing from a very different culture in a remote area of the world. Christian 1 steps forward, with People following.)
CHRISTIAN 1:
I have been sent as a missionary to a remote corner of the world, to bring the gospel to a people who have never heard the word of God.
NARRATOR:
As Jesus says in Mark 16:15, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”
SETTING 2:
(Christian 2 has been playing basketball with some youth.)
CHRISTIAN 2:
I have been sent to organize games at a local outreach program for youth in underserviced communities.
NARRATOR:
Romans 12:1 says, “Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.”
SETTING 3:
(Christian 3 has been reading the Bible to some kids.)
CHRISTIAN 3:
I have been sent to teach Sunday School in our church.
NARRATOR:
2 Timothy 3:15-16 says, “...from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and beneficial for teaching, for rebuke, for correction, for training in righteousness”
SETTING 4:
(Christian 4 has been visiting with person in wheelchair.)
CHRISTIAN 4:
I have been sent to visit people in hospitals and nursing homes.
NARRATOR:
For John 13:35 says, “By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
SETTING 5:
(Christian 5 has been with a few men holding shovels.)
CHRISTIAN 5:
I have been sent to towns around the world to help dig wells for fresh water supplies.
NARRATOR:
As Acts 22:15 says, “For you will be a witness for Him to all men of what you have seen and heard.”
SETTING 6:
(Christian 6 has been cuddling a “baby.”)
CHRISTIAN 6:
Besides serving in my church, I have been sent as a mother to raise my children in God’s will.
NARRATOR:
2 Timothy 4:2 tells us to “Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.”
SETTING 7:
(Christian 7 has been helping a convicted felon to study.)
CHRISTIAN 7:
I have been sent to help educate convicted felons so they can find hope and success after they have been released from prison.
NARRATOR:
As 2 Timothy 1:7-8 says, “For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord or of me His prisoner, but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God”
SETTING 8:
(Christian 8 is dressed as a police officer and has been taking down a report from a disheveled upset woman.)
CHRISTIAN 8:
I have been sent as a police officer to help enforce the law and protect the citizens of our country.
NARRATOR:
1 Peter 3:15 tells us to, “-sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence...”
SETTING 9:
(Christian 9 has been holding a briefcase while shaking hands with another business person.)
CHRISTIAN 9:
I have been sent into the workforce to manage a department and treat all employees and clients with dignity and professionalism.
NARRATOR:
As it says in 1 Timothy 6:18, “Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share.”
SETTING 10:
(Christian 10 has been holding a wrench while handing a set of car keys to a customer.)
CHRISTIAN 10:
I have been sent as a mechanic to help and serve customers, with excellence and integrity.
NARRATOR:
2 Corinthians 4:5-6 says, “For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants on account of Jesus. For God, who said, “Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.”
SETTING 11:
(Christian 11 has been consulting with a patient.)
CHRISTIAN 11:
I have been sent as a doctor to see to the health and caring for the wellbeing of every patient.
NARRATOR:
2 Timothy 4:5 tells us to, “-be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.”
SETTING 12:
(Christian 12 has been hanging out with some students.)
CHRISTIAN 12:
For now, I have been sent as a student.
NARRATOR:
As Philippians 2:15 explains, “so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world”
SETTING 13:
(Christian 13 has been praying with someone.)
CHRISTIAN 13:
I have been sent as a church pastor.
NARRATOR:
As Acts 10:42 says, “And He ordered us to preach to the people, and to testify solemnly that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead.”
SETTING 14:
(Christian 14 has been taking someone’s order at a café.)
CHRISTIAN 14:
I have been sent as a waiter/waitress to serve with joy.
NARRATOR:
Philippians 2:3-4 tells us to, “Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility consider one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.”
SETTING 15:
(Christian 15 has been mopping a floor while waving to someone.)
CHRISTIAN 15:
I have been sent as a janitor, so in everything, I do my job as unto the Lord.
NARRATOR:
For as Galatians 6:9 tells us, “Let’s not become discouraged in doing good, for in due time we will reap, if we do not become weary.”
SETTING 16:
(Christian 16 has been standing at attention with others.)
CHRISTIAN 16:
I have been sent as a soldier to a battlefield, surrounded by many who desperately need hope, protection and safety.
NARRATOR:
As 2 Timothy 2:1-3 says, “You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful people who will be able to teach others also. Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.”
SETTING 17:
(Christian 17 has been painting someone’s portrait.)
CHRISTIAN 17:
I have been sent as an artist, to create images reflecting the love of Jesus.
NARRATOR:
John 15:8 tells us that, “My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.”
SETTING 18:
(Christian 18 has been with luggage and briefcase.)
CHRISTIAN 18:
I have been sent around the world as a representative for an international company. As opportunities present themselves, I love to share my personal faith with others.
NARRATOR:
As Romans 1:16 says, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.”
SETTING 19:
(Christian 19 has been getting ready to run a race.)
CHRISTIAN 19:
I have been sent as an athlete to run against competitors. But more than competitors, I see them as people who are lost and need to hear the salvation message.
NARRATOR:
As Romans 10:15 says, “But how are they to preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written: ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!’”
SETTING 20:
(Christian 20 has been in deep conversation with someone.)
CHRISTIAN 20:
I have been sent as counselor, so I am able to help and reach out to many people who are struggling with addictions, dysfunctional situations and tragic events.
NARRATOR:
As Jesus says in John 20:21, “...Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.”
SETTING 21:
(Christian 21 has been handing a room “key” to a customer.)
CHRISTIAN 21:
I have been sent as a clerk in a large hotel chain. I do not have to go anywhere to reach the nations, the nations come to me.
NARRATOR:
As Jesus says in Acts 1:8, “you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
SETTING 22:
(Christian 22 has been brushing someone’s hair.)
CHRISTIAN 22:
I have been sent as a hair stylist. I don’t know, maybe it’s how I treat people, but somehow they notice and ask what is so different about me.
NARRATOR:
As Jesus says in Luke 24:48, “You are witnesses of these things.”
SETTING 23:
(Christian 23 has been taking a photo of someone else.)
CHRISTIAN 23:
I have been sent as a very talkative person. Even when I’m on holidays, I just can’t help but share with anyone who will listen!
NARRATOR:
As Acts 4:20 explains, “For we cannot stop speaking about what we have seen and heard.”
SETTING 24:
(Christian 24 has been having coffee with someone.)
CHRISTIAN 24:
I have been sent to be somebody’s neighbor.
NARRATOR:
Matthew 5:16 tells us to, “Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
Comments
Post a Comment