ADAM AND EVE – by Tanis Harms, © 2011
ADAM AND EVE – by Tanis Harms, © 2011
.....use in address bar: churchskits.blogspot.com
STYLE:
Dramedy. (5 pages)
PREMISE:
Adam and Eve have a typical couple’s argument while leaving the Garden of Eden.
TOPIC:
Forgiveness, relationships.
Scriptures:
Genesis 3; Ephesians 5:22-33.
CHARACTERS (LINE COUNT) DESCRIPTION:
(22) ADAM –
(20) EVE –
PROPS:
Leather-looking clothing.
SCRIPT:
(Adam and Eve slink on stage– embarrassed)
ADAM:
You had to take the fruit! You could have taken anything else. Like: an apple, or- orange. A banana, kumquat, kiwi, coconut, strawberry –
EVE:
You’re not going to list them all, are you?
ADAM:
(little louder)
Avocado, pear, peach, pomegranate–
EVE:
Adam, you’re so immature! I did help name those-
ADAM:
(in Eve’s face)
Green grape, red grape, lemon, lime –
EVE:
You ate from it too!
ADAM:
But you started it. Eve! You started it!
EVE:
What that snake said, made so much sense at the time. And come on, think about it– the pretty snake was TALKING!
ADAM:
You’re so gullible and weak.
(now mockingly)
Oh, let me just do what the pretty snake says.
EVE:
Whoa! It took a talking snake to convince me! It only took little ol’ me to say, “Just try it”, and you just caved in.
ADAM:
You think you have that much power over me?
EVE:
Then why don't you own up to your own actions and stop blaming me!?
ADAM:
(stopping to think and then scowl)
You DO realize I’m going to be spending a lot more time at work now. So you just better not complain when I’m not home by suppertime.
EVE:
Just don’t go using that as an excuse. You better try really hard to be home at a decent hour, buster, because it’s not like I’m going to have it easy, either!
(holding stomach)
In fact, I feel like- I want to throw up right now.
ADAM:
What do you mean? What’s– “throw up”? Just another type of excuse?
EVE:
I’m not sure! But I think I need to sit down. I think we’re going to have one of those babies God was talking about.
ADAM:
You mean, with all that pain? And maybe with possible complications?–
EVE:
Okay-okay, don’t rub it in! Adam– I’m already scared.
ADAM:
(sitting next to Eve)
Me too. At least God forgave us when we asked Him. And we know He’s always there with us.
EVE:
Yes, but are YOU always going to be there for me? God did warn us that we’d have a lot of problems in our relationship now.
ADAM:
Yeah. Although, I’m not exactly sure what that means.
EVE:
Me thinks it includes miscommunication.
ADAM:
I– still don’t get it.
EVE:
Exactly.
(letting out a frustrated gasp)
We’re going to have work at talking CLEARLY to each other, and trying to understand each other.
ADAM:
Oh, yeah, well of course. And just remember, God said you were supposed to do exactly what I say.
EVE:
What?! N-NOOOoooo!
ADAM:
You heard Him say that I’m to be over you.
EVE:
That’s way out of context. You are to be the spiritual leader of the household, and I should respect that.
(Eve starts to fight off tears and crying.)
EVE:
But- you have to be considerate. You have to consider- my feelings- or- you’ll have- you’ll...
(Eve begins to cry.)
ADAM:
What are you doing now?
EVE:
Crying.
ADAM:
Why? And what is “crying”?
EVE:
I don’t know... But, I don’t feel like you’re hearing me at all. And you’re– being so bossy, and speaking so harsh –
ADAM:
So are you! I just don’t understand! You know, ever since you– WE– ate the fruit– you haven’t made any sense.
(Eve gives Adam a look.)
ADAM:
Nothing makes any sense!
EVE:
That’s what I’ve been saying. Aw!
(drying her eyes)
You know, God forgave us, but we are going to have to forgive each other. And apologize when we are wrong.
ADAM:
You’re right. It’s not going to be easy. Especially since I have this big issue with pride.
EVE:
Ah- I believe we both- have- the same- issue.
ADAM:
(Eve has been fighting back the tears again. When Adam looks at Eve, bewildered, Eve breaks down bawling.)
ADAM:
What? What is it now? It’s like I can’t do anything right! Okay–okay-I love you... and– I’m sorry.
(Eve stands and puts her arms out for a hug. Adam rolls his eyes and gives her a hug.)
ADAM:
Okay, okay. Let’s go. We’ve got a lot of work to do. Like– something called “weeding.”
EVE:
And making more clothes. I'm just glad God gave us clothes made of animal skin. Your idea of leaves really did not work. At all. But still, what do you think, does this dress make me look big?
ADAM:
Ahhhhh... Ahhhh, n- y- noooo? Ugh!-
(Adam follows EVE off, wondering how to answer.)
.....use in address bar: churchskits.blogspot.com
STYLE:
Dramedy. (5 pages)
PREMISE:
Adam and Eve have a typical couple’s argument while leaving the Garden of Eden.
TOPIC:
Forgiveness, relationships.
Scriptures:
Genesis 3; Ephesians 5:22-33.
CHARACTERS (LINE COUNT) DESCRIPTION:
(22) ADAM –
(20) EVE –
PROPS:
Leather-looking clothing.
SCRIPT:
(Adam and Eve slink on stage– embarrassed)
ADAM:
You had to take the fruit! You could have taken anything else. Like: an apple, or- orange. A banana, kumquat, kiwi, coconut, strawberry –
EVE:
You’re not going to list them all, are you?
ADAM:
(little louder)
Avocado, pear, peach, pomegranate–
EVE:
Adam, you’re so immature! I did help name those-
ADAM:
(in Eve’s face)
Green grape, red grape, lemon, lime –
EVE:
You ate from it too!
ADAM:
But you started it. Eve! You started it!
EVE:
What that snake said, made so much sense at the time. And come on, think about it– the pretty snake was TALKING!
ADAM:
You’re so gullible and weak.
(now mockingly)
Oh, let me just do what the pretty snake says.
EVE:
Whoa! It took a talking snake to convince me! It only took little ol’ me to say, “Just try it”, and you just caved in.
ADAM:
You think you have that much power over me?
EVE:
Then why don't you own up to your own actions and stop blaming me!?
ADAM:
(stopping to think and then scowl)
You DO realize I’m going to be spending a lot more time at work now. So you just better not complain when I’m not home by suppertime.
EVE:
Just don’t go using that as an excuse. You better try really hard to be home at a decent hour, buster, because it’s not like I’m going to have it easy, either!
(holding stomach)
In fact, I feel like- I want to throw up right now.
ADAM:
What do you mean? What’s– “throw up”? Just another type of excuse?
EVE:
I’m not sure! But I think I need to sit down. I think we’re going to have one of those babies God was talking about.
ADAM:
You mean, with all that pain? And maybe with possible complications?–
EVE:
Okay-okay, don’t rub it in! Adam– I’m already scared.
ADAM:
(sitting next to Eve)
Me too. At least God forgave us when we asked Him. And we know He’s always there with us.
EVE:
Yes, but are YOU always going to be there for me? God did warn us that we’d have a lot of problems in our relationship now.
ADAM:
Yeah. Although, I’m not exactly sure what that means.
EVE:
Me thinks it includes miscommunication.
ADAM:
I– still don’t get it.
EVE:
Exactly.
(letting out a frustrated gasp)
We’re going to have work at talking CLEARLY to each other, and trying to understand each other.
ADAM:
Oh, yeah, well of course. And just remember, God said you were supposed to do exactly what I say.
EVE:
What?! N-NOOOoooo!
ADAM:
You heard Him say that I’m to be over you.
EVE:
That’s way out of context. You are to be the spiritual leader of the household, and I should respect that.
(Eve starts to fight off tears and crying.)
EVE:
But- you have to be considerate. You have to consider- my feelings- or- you’ll have- you’ll...
(Eve begins to cry.)
ADAM:
What are you doing now?
EVE:
Crying.
ADAM:
Why? And what is “crying”?
EVE:
I don’t know... But, I don’t feel like you’re hearing me at all. And you’re– being so bossy, and speaking so harsh –
ADAM:
So are you! I just don’t understand! You know, ever since you– WE– ate the fruit– you haven’t made any sense.
(Eve gives Adam a look.)
ADAM:
Nothing makes any sense!
EVE:
That’s what I’ve been saying. Aw!
(drying her eyes)
You know, God forgave us, but we are going to have to forgive each other. And apologize when we are wrong.
ADAM:
You’re right. It’s not going to be easy. Especially since I have this big issue with pride.
EVE:
Ah- I believe we both- have- the same- issue.
ADAM:
So what?!
(Eve has been fighting back the tears again. When Adam looks at Eve, bewildered, Eve breaks down bawling.)
ADAM:
What? What is it now? It’s like I can’t do anything right! Okay–okay-I love you... and– I’m sorry.
(Eve stands and puts her arms out for a hug. Adam rolls his eyes and gives her a hug.)
ADAM:
Okay, okay. Let’s go. We’ve got a lot of work to do. Like– something called “weeding.”
EVE:
And making more clothes. I'm just glad God gave us clothes made of animal skin. Your idea of leaves really did not work. At all. But still, what do you think, does this dress make me look big?
ADAM:
Ahhhhh... Ahhhh, n- y- noooo? Ugh!-
(Adam follows EVE off, wondering how to answer.)
Comments
Post a Comment